A call for candidates for paid internships at Centro Ricerche FIAT, in the area of HMI – Innovative User Interface is announced. In particular, we are looking for candidates to be involved both in our research and design activities related to in-vehicle interfaces.
The successful candidates will sit in Turin, Italy. The internships could last up to 6 months. We are looking for candidates with a degree in Psychology, Interaction Design, Usability, Human Factors, Informatics, Communication Science or similar (5-years degree is required).
Candidates will participate in teams involved in User-Centered Design processes to ensure that different in-vehicle interfaces are easy to use and help users meet their goals.
The candidates will participate to the following activities:
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams aimed at designing different modality user interface (GUI, SUI)and developing relative guidelines/specifications
- Developing low, mid, and high fidelity HMIprototypes
- Building psychometric instruments to collect different kind of data (questionnaires, interviews)
- Planning, designing and conducting Usability Experts and Users Evaluations
- Preparing testing sessions and test lab
- Reporting test results
- Being involved in multi-disciplinary teams for European/National projects
- Degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Communication Science, Informatics, Engineering, Interaction Design, Human Factors or similar areas.
- Deep knowledge of all basic PC software
- High English language knowledge
- Basic knowledge of User-Centred Design techniques (Heuristic Evaluations, Usability testing, Field Studies, Focus Groups, Surveys and quantitative/large sample online usability methods.)
- Knowledge of interaction design tools including Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Balsamiq or similar
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools including SPSS or similar is considered a plus
- Knowledge about at least one programming language (e.g. Java, Visual Basic, C, C++) is considered a plus
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis applied to psychosocial researchis considered a plus
CENTRO RICERCHE FIAT DESCRIPTION
Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A. (CRF) was founded in 1976 as the FCA centre of expertise in innovation, research and development. It was established as a Società Consortile per Azioni, a consortium, whose shareholders are Group companies. CRF’s objective is to use innovation as a strategic lever and to enhance the results of its work through the promotion, development and transfer of innovative content able to make products distinctive and competitive.
Application no later than 2015-05-15.